The Facilities Management department at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is seeking qualified candidates for the Assistant Director of Building Operations and Utilities. The Assistant Director will oversee the operations, inspection and preventive maintenance of building and utility systems on the Edwardsville campus. Additionally, the Assistant Director will provide support with assigned staff and resources to both the Assistant Director for Alton and East St. Louis Operations for Alton operations as well as the Morris University Center/Student Success Center operations. These duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide daily supervision and support to unit personnel, coordinating required department support with Assistant Director for Building Maintenance.
- Develop, manage and bid maintenance contracts for various building/utility systems and manage outside contractors.
- Handle the procurement of potable water, electricity, and natural gas for the University.
- Manage the Universitys energy efficiency program, commission studies and improvements as needed based on program reports.
- Oversee and maintain an annual utility budget of approximately $4 million.
- Ensure regulatory compliance of all federal and state regulations for utilities and building systems.
- Provide oversight and management of operations and maintenance of campus Waste Water Treatment Plant and Chilled Water Plant.
- Initiate capital improvements of systems/plants as needed.
Additionally, the Assistant Director will provide support with assigned staff and resources to both the Assistant Director for Alton and East St. Louis Operations for Alton operations as well as the Morris University Center/Student Success Center operations. Further duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on the needs and goals of the department.
This is a current Administrative / Professional vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. The position posting will close to applicants at 11:59 p.m. CST, on the posting end date. SIUE offers an exceptional array of benefits to all full-time employees including medical, dental and life insurance; tuition waivers; financial savings plans; vacation and sick leave; and pension plan as part of a total compensation package to eligible employees.
Candidates must upload and attach the following documentation to their application package in SIUEs HireTouch system: letter of application; resume; unofficial academic transcripts, including those for SIUE (MUST have for educational qualification verification); and list of at least three professional references with current contact information. Applicants will also need to complete the full Administrative / Professional application forms package located under the Applicant Profile box in HireTouch. Incomplete application packages will result in a delay of review and/or non-review.
Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
SIUE is a nationally recognized university that provides students with a high-quality, affordable education that prepares them for successful careers and lives of purpose. Situated on 2,660 acres of beautiful woodland atop the bluffs overlooking the natural beauty of the Mississippi Rivers rich bottomland and only a short drive from downtown St. Louis, the SIUE campus is home to a diverse workforce of more than 2,500 individuals coming together to serve our students and the region.
Every day we are researching, sharing knowledge and making a difference in the lives of our students. Join the adventurous minds here at SIUE that are changing the world; explore our employment opportunities today.
SIUE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veterans status. We encourage applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and people with disabilities.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
2. Professional Engineer license.
3. Five (5) years (60 months) of work experience directly related to facilities administration and/or management in building and utility systems operation, three (3) years (36 months) of which were in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- An understanding of, and the ability to work with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), preventive maintenance systems, and electronic record-keeping.
- Effective communication skills providing the ability to: understand and follow established priorities, policies, and procedures; accurately communicate information to subordinate employees with appropriate context; and provide pleasant customer service experience to the campus community.
- Regular use of desktop computer, MS Office applications, Facilities Management work management system, and Building Automation System.
- Must be familiar with maintenance of various types of equipment.
- Knowledge of labor relations including contract interpretation and grievance procedures.
- Strong leadership and problems solving skills.
- Working knowledge of building mechanical and utility systems.
- Working knowledge of campus type utility systems including electric, natural gas, water, sewer, and chilled water.
- Working knowledge of personnel management in a union environment.
Certified Medical Assistant - Gurnee Outpatient Care Center Cancer care is all we do Hope in healing Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (C…Read More
The Village of Bensenville (pop. 18,352) seeks a full-time Utilities Supervisor to lead a qualified team of Technicians within the Utilities Divisio…Read More
General Dentistry opening in , Illinois. This and other dentist jobs brought to you by DentistJobCafe.comThis is a great opportunity for a Dentist th…Read More
Occupational Therapists needed in a school district near Wheeling IL. The job that we have available is for a Full-time Occupational Therapist in a P…Read More
Seeking motivated individuals to participate in National Focus Groups and Clinical Trial studies. Earn up to $750/week in your spare time. Must regis…Read More
OverviewMAKE A DIFFERENCE EVERY DAY IN A UNIQUELY SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY AND IGNITE YOUR FULL POTENTIAL. We champion quality of life for all seniors - …Read More