- Dayton Freight
824 Bridge St
You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Managers and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It's apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Shop Managers are responsible for the planning, coordinating and implementing methods and procedures for the most efficient and economical repairs of equipment in an error-free manner, as well as supervising and coordinating maintenance employees to achieve maximum maintenance performance and profit objectives.
Additional job duties include:
* Inspecting and measuring performance of maintenance personnel to improve overall Shop operations
* Reviews daily maintenance schedule and confers with shift personnel
* Assists with training, development and evaluations of maintenance personnel
* In conjunction with the Region Maintenance Manager, recruits, qualifies, interviews, hires, trains and develops maintenance personnel
* Assists the Region Maintenance Manager in the investigation, reporting and initiation of corrective action for accidents, job related injuries or employee discrepancies
* Maintains excellent communication with external and internal customers
* Ensures maintenance facility conforms to prescribed standards of safety and cleanliness
* Understands and applies company safety practices including DOT, EPA, ICC and OSHA rules and regulations
* Effectively handles special assignments as directed
* Continuously improves processes
* Knowledge of the LTL/Transportation Industry
* Experience in management
* Experience in a maintenance setting
* Stable and growing organization
* Competitive weekly pay
* Quick advancement
* Quality Hours
* Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
* Modern facilities
* Clean, late model equipment
* Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
* Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, garden, inventory, lawn, management, plant, plant management, production management, prune
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...