- $146,240.00 -146,240.00/year*
70 Bolton St
At Hologic, we're an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we've been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women's health
What powers our growth across Breast & Skeletal Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical and Medical Aesthetics Solutions is also what differentiates us: the exceptional and clinically proven capacity of our products to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and better. This clinical superiority creates high expectations, which we fulfill by continually challenging ourselves to improve health through better technology, education and market access.
None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our expertise and dedication to developing and sharing more robust, science-based certainty drives our global presence and a promising pipeline that responds to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities.
While we focus on women's health and well-being, we are committed to having an even broader benefit on the world. Together, we advocate for better health and wellness through solutions that provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind.
The Product Director will oversee the growth of their product portfolio, manage customer-facing initiatives, create & drive market development activities including KOL development, while executing on initiatives that strengthen the product pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Commercial Results - Achieve U.S. business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis in a fast growing segment. Inform strategy and support needs of the International division in a Global Franchise model. Manage expenses within budget. Develop and execute strategies to protect and grow company's position, becoming a leader in the worldwide market.
* Brand Strategy - Contribute to the development of global brand strategies for products, programs, and other key initiatives including establishment of value proposition, targeting & segmentation, positioning, global branding, and lifecycle management. Understands competitive landscape and develops and executes winning marketing strategies. Manages lifecycle of product portfolio. Provides input into next generation portfolio prioritization. Manage the removal of products from market (obsolescence).
* Customer Insights - Partner with Market Insights to execute market research initiatives around customer needs and product validation. Provide product and market expertise to assist in their execution. Stay connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers (co-travel with sales, attendance at industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.). Build and cultivate sustained relationships with customers and key opinion leaders through clinical and technical expertise.
* Analytics - Complete market opportunity assessments, pricing analysis, demand forecasting, and set goals and track metrics of demand generation initiatives.
* Business Planning & Execution - Work closely with manager to develop business plans related to area of focus (i.e. business segment, product, region, etc.). Collaborate with other functional areas to execute plan. Apply understanding of the sales process to develop well positioned market messaging that can drive customer behavior. Partner with the sales force and sales training to effectively deploy.
* Portfolio Planning & Product Development - Contribute to multigenerational portfolio plans aligned to company strategy. Partner with Global Strategic Innovation and R&D counterparts to lead innovation process and product development programs as well as with Business Development for diligence, acquisition and integration activities. Responsible for contributing to product scope, providing design inputs, validating product design with customers, and development of launch messaging and materials, set configurations, etc. Leverage strong understanding of product development process and functional areas (quality, regulatory, etc.) to ensure on-time, commercially successful launches.
* Product Launch - Responsible for leading and executing impactful worldwide product launches. Specific responsibilities include the development of brand strategy, medical education and marketing materials for all key stakeholders (salesforce, physicians, hospitals, patients, payers, etc.), price strategy, promotional plan, product training plan (salesforce & customers), product forecasting, inventory roll-out plan, sales tools, etc.
* General Business Leadership - Influences and responds to cross-functional stakeholders including Medical Education, Sales, Finance, R&D, and others to deliver maximum effectiveness of the Marketing organization. Partner with Integrated Brand Marketing, Customer & Field Marketing and Tradeshow groups to build promotional plans around key events and provide on-site support. Partner closely with Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with product and company strategy. Be responsive to requests from customers and sales.
Must be able to develop and execute market development activities, lead and participate on cross-functional teams, gain alignment and drive decision making with colleagues on the commercial strategy and tactical plans; understand, interpret and communicate commercial and competitive implications of complex technical/clinical/regulatory data, and interact with R&D colleagues on scientific issues; demonstrate strong leadership presence through influencing with or without authority with high-level management, and demonstrate excellent strategic thinking and strong communication skills.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required, with 10 years' experience; MBA with 7+ years' experience is preferred.
* At least 7-10 years progressive business experience in medical device technology
* Senior brand/portfolio responsibility, product launch, experience in working with global teams and a strong understanding of product development
* Experience working with customers and translating customer needs to the R&D organization
* Development and execution of successful business plans, along with a demonstrated track record of business results, a sense of urgency and big picture orientation with attention to detail
* Field-based market development and/or sales experience
* Global marketing experience
* Development and launch excellence for new products, services and programs to the healthcare community
* Successful interactions with key customers and sales force
* Payer and patient advocacy experience
This position requires up to 50% domestic travel, including overnight and weekend travel.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...