The Market Research Analyst researches and qualifies potential customer leads for the Dedicated Contract Services (DCS) sales force. The position will analyze the transportation requirements and supply chain of prospective customers to determine a fit for the division's business model. The incumbent works closely with the DCS sales team to help determine the areas of focus and customer needs. Additionally, the employee will often engage in assigned group projects to further service field sales as required.
The successful candidate for this role will:
* Create and completion of RFP's and RFI's.
* Prospect for potential customer leads using web based tools and customer lists.
* Qualify potential leads and collect customer information by conducting research and making telephone contact.
* Enter customer information into the MRC portal.
* Assist in setting sales appointments with prospective customers for Business Development Executives (BDEs).
* Work with the assigned BDEs to determine market area needs for their assigned region.
* Ensure the assigned BDEs have an adequate number of prospective sales leads.
* Participate in weekly conference calls with assigned BDE.
* Perform industry and market analysis.
* Create and develop marketing campaigns.
* Collaborate and create sales materials.
* Complete strategic targeting analysis.
What does it take to be considered?
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university AND
* 12 months work experience in transportation, marketing, or related field
* Must be advanced in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Other desired skills:
* Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills to top level leadership
* Possess the ability to effectively and tactfully interact with customers and employees
* Proficiency to make decisions in a timely and professional manner
* Ability to collaborate with internal groups to develop and maintain sales materials
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
\"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.\"
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.