- Jean-Georges Management
- $90,470.00 -206,040.00/year*
19 W Houston St
The Director of Restaurants is responsible for assisting with developing and operating a cost-effective operation which exceeds guest expectations through the service of high-quality food and beverages, in a clean and comfortable atmosphere. He/ she has overall responsibility for all aspects of the restaurants related to service, sales, profit and the development of people; assumes total responsibility for internal day-to-day operations of the assigned restaurants in conjunction with the General Managers. The Director will ensure operations are in accordance with corporate policies, programs and procedures while ensuring overall guest satisfaction and the profitability of all assigned properties.
Duties and Responsibilities (these are not all inclusive):
- In a leadership role, this position is to provide the highest quality service to guests at all times.
- Maintains integrity of service, touches tables while on floor to solicit feedback. Responsible as lead authority on floor regarding service quality.
- Handles guest complaints while on the floor.
- Meets the expectations and requirements of our guests, always acting with their satisfaction in mind.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with guests and ensure excellent service at all times.
- Ensures the highest levels of organization are maintained in all revenue centers at all times, without exception.
- Responsible for assisting in developing a cohesive team of managers and staff who are working towards the common goals of the restaurant.
- Ensures the restaurant meets and exceeds budgeted financial goals.
- Assists with analyzing monthly profit and loss statements, developing accurate plans from them, implementing them and following through on plans.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of all aspects of the restaurant; including the beverage, food, service and physical structure.
- Maintains high standards in all areas of security, safety, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Assists with the daily upkeep of the physical plant, in particular, conducting daily walk-throughs of the restaurant to determine areas that require attention, cleaning or
- Pro-actively seeks out potential problems. Consistent decisions must be made which are in the best interest of the guest, the employees and the owners.
- Is alert to all aspects of the operation throughout the shift and knows where to be and when.
- Makes clear and concise decisions.
- Assists with overseeing all aspects of purchasing within the restaurant.
- Organizes and oversees bi-weekly inventory for FOH operating supplies in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Utilizes all necessary technology platforms to develop reports as requested by President, VP of Operations, Controller and VP of Food and Beverage.
- Provides OpenTable/Resy administration, including programming to maximize guest reservations while ensuring FOH and BOH maintain appropriate controls.
- Produces and publishes monthly analysis/report summarizing the month end reservations activity.
- Compiles a weekly guest complaint log for the President and VP of Operations.
- Ensures continuous database maintenance in appropriate platforms.
- Ensures employee information is properly entered in systems (POS, Schedulefly/Harri).
- Liaise with the Corporate Press Coordinator to develop special promotions for seasonal marketing opportunities for assigned restaurants.
- Organizes and manages departments during pre-openings.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels and remaining abreast of any changes which may impact staffing needs.
- Assists with recruiting and hiring of high-quality employees, including managers.
- Liaise with Human Resources to ensure all on-boarding documentation, payroll information and other new hire paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Assists with disciplinary actions such as staff coaching, warnings, suspensions and terminations in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Oversees completion of other daily administrative tasks, including, payroll, petty cash, reservation requests, and guest complaints.
- Constantly evaluates managers and all service staff.
- Promotes teamwork within the restaurants, creating a positive work environment.
- Treats every customer, employee and vendor with respect and dignity.
- Performs other job-related activities as required or assigned by the Executive Team.
- Multi-unit Directors/Managers with 4-5 years FOH Management experience in high volume restaurant operations.
- Fine dining experience required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Experienced in opening restaurants.
- Experienced in different FOH roles.
- Strong financial skills and knowledge.
- Purchasing and inventory experience.
- Technology- Aloha, Micros, Schedulefly, Harri, Compeat or other inventory management system, Avero, Microsoft Word and Excel, Open Table or Resy.
- Familiar with Human Resources topics and laws that govern the restaurant industry in New York.
- Dynamic, thorough and independent quick thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Positive and outgoing team player.
- MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY- Able to work late nights, holidays, weekends and long days as necessary.
To apply, please send resume, tell us your salary expectation and why you are the right candidate for the job. Only serious inquiries.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Jean-Georges Management is built on a powerful culinary foundation and has evolved into a reputable and award-winning restaurant group. From inception, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten placed emphasis on the importance of providing the very best in culinary and tailored hospitality, which has resulted in the success of an acclaimed constellation of international restaurants. With over 25 restaurants located in 5 countries, we continuously strive towards excellence and rely on the support of our culinary and hospitality team members to contribute to our worldwide operations.
\"Jean-Georges Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity.\"
More detail about Jean-Georges Management part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges, please visit
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative staff, administrative support, associate, beverage, facilities, operations director, records management, staff, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...