This position is ideal for someone who is driven by high expectations. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. Candidates who would be excited to become part of a successful company will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department as a Controller. The Controller will be a full-time employment opportunity and will be located in the Wilmington, Delaware region. In this role, it will be critical for you to plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. To succeed in this role, you will need to effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. You're a good fit for this position if you want exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth.
What you get to do every single day
- Able to perform additional tasks beyond formal job duties
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Evaluate, apply and refine policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Meet client expectations by reviewing deliverables of self and team to make sure they meet client satisfaction
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings collections, and payroll
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Analysis experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
Is this you?? Please forward your resume in WORD format to Jared Scholl ? ...@roberthalf.com.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune? magazine's list of \"World's Most Admired Companies\" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888-###-#### for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
**Salary:** $100### ####00/year
**Location:** Wilmington, DE
**Date Posted:** May 7, 2019
**Employment Type:** Permanent
**Job Reference:** 03710-#######439
**Staffing Area:** Full-Time Accounting & Finance
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.